5 Social Media Power Tips to Drive Real Estate SalesSeptember 2, 2015
Social media can be a powerful marketing tool for real estate agents. You can attract plenty of targeted buyers and sellers with a little bit of time and effort on your part. Here are a few power tips to help you sell your next listing.
1. Create “Home-centric” Facebook Pages – Many realtors create a Facebook page for their real estate business and then struggle to get followers. A more effective tactic is to create a Facebook page that focuses on beautiful homes in your area. The page can be called something like “Modern Homes Raleigh.” Then, you’ll need to post to the page daily. When you have a specific listing you want to promote, you can post images of the house with a link to the listing. You can also share your blog articles on the Facebook page too.
2. Create a “home buyers’ waiting list” on your blog – One of the best ways to sell a home quickly is to build up a list of buyers wanting homes in that area. If you have a real estate blog, you can add a sign-up button to the top of the website asking people to join your waiting list. One benefit of building an email list of interested home buyers is that it gives you an added advantage during your listing presentations. You can simply mention that you have a list of buyers who are ready and willing to act, and you can instantly notify those buyers that a property is available. Plus, a waiting list helps create a level of comfort with your business and builds trust in you.
3. Use Pinterest Local Groups – Many real estate agents love using Pinterest since it drives a lot of traffic to real estate websites. The key to marketing your properties lies in creating local Pinterest boards. You can either create your own or join a Pinterest board dedicated to your local community. Invite people to collaborate on the board so they can help you add pins to it. Eventually, you’ll build up a digital community of people located near you that may be interested in buying one of your properties. When you have a new listing, you can pin stunning photos to the board that link back to your listing.
4. Create Local DIY, Events or Team Pinterest Boards – You can create an even bigger audience on Pinterest if you create specific boards that focus on local DIY projects, local events or sports teams. As you post images for these boards, you’ll build up a community of followers. Then, when the time is right you can mix in a few images of your properties for sale that link back to your listings.
5. Use Facebook Ads – One way to spark interest in your properties is to place a Facebook ad that’s targeted to people in your local area who are interested in home buying. But a better strategy is simply to cultivate buyer leads through an ad that offers a home buyers guide or other cheat sheet as an opt-in to your website. This type of ad typically yields higher conversions on paid traffic.
How do you use social media to promote your real estate business? Share your best tips in the comments below.